Your Compliance Edge

Veterans Day Leave in Oregon (OR) Employers in Oregon are required to grant leave as follows: Employers must provide an employee who is a veteran with paid or unpaid time off for Veterans Day if: The employee would otherwise be required to work on that day; and The employee provides at least 21 calendar days' notice that he or she intends to take time off for Veterans Day and provides documents showing he or she is a veteran as defined under state law (O.R.S. § 408.225). At least 14 calendar days before Veterans Day, the employer must notify the employee whether he or she will be provided time off for Veterans Day and whether it will be paid or unpaid. If the employer determines it cannot provide time off to all of the employees who requested time off, the employer must: Deny time off to all employees who requested time off; or Deny time off to the minimum number of employees needed by the employer to avoid significant economic or operational disruption, or undue hardship. If the employer determines that providing time off for Veterans Day would cause significant economic or operational disruption, or undue hardship, the employer must allow the employee to choose, with the employer's approval, a single day off within the year after the Veterans Day on which the employee worked as a replacement for Veterans Day to honor the employee’s service. Click here to read the text of the law.   

FREE Labor Law Penalties
by Company Size Chart

Alerts you to the penalties associated with key federal laws such as
COBRA and discrimination.



Download HR360


Request a Demo 

or Log In


Please Note: The state laws summaries featured on this site are for general informational purposes only. In addition to state law, certain municipalities may enact legislation that imposes different requirements. State and local laws change frequently and, as such, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information featured in the State Laws section. For more detailed information regarding state or local laws, please contact your state labor department or the appropriate local government agency.